Every child begins the world again….
~Henry David Thoreau



From far away into my heart
~Author unknown

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gotcha!!!!

We did it!! We have him and he is an AWESOME kid! We got up early and went to pick him up. He came out with the biggest smile you ever saw. He knew we were coming and although he didn't know what we would look like or who we were, he was SO happy to have his family. He is very drawn to Kellin and holds his hand whenever we walk. (Kellin is over the moon!) He is extremely smart and is already picking up English words. In the last two hours he has picked up "I don't know", the numbers 1-4, "hi", and Karwen's first, "uh-oh". He reads every sign written in characters and he can write them as well. We did lots of paperwork, took pictures and came back to the hotel for a break. Now the siblings are all playing a game together building robots. We are heading out in a bit for some dinner and an adventure down the famous Wangfujing Street. We'll post some pictures in a minute (which will probably take an hour!) and then get back on this evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates. It is all so real to me since I was there with you last year. It looks very familiar. I do miss being there. Have lots of fun and know that I am walking with you in my heart every step of the way. Having been there with you makes it all vivid in my mind. Hello to you all. Hi to you Keely. I love you and miss you. Mom and MawMaw

    ReplyDelete